Disability, chronic illness, mental illness and special needs bloggers just don’t get enough recognition in the blogging community. That’s why I’ve decided to create the Disability Blogger Award for all disability, chronic illness, mental illness and special needs bloggers.
What is the Disability Blogger Award?
There are many generalised blog awards — such as the Mystery Blogger Award and the Liebster Award — but I don’t believe disability bloggers, chronic illness bloggers, mental illness bloggers or special needs bloggers get enough recognition in the blogging community. That’s why I started this award — to celebrate them!
The Disability Blogger Award is similar to some other blog awards, but this one is just for bloggers in the following niches:
We need more recognition, not just for our amazing blogs (even if I do say so myself), but also for the challenges we face. Let’s celebrate each other!
I don’t want to add too many rules to this award, but every award needs a few, so here they are:
- Thank your nominator
- Recognise Chronillicles as the creator of this award and link our URL: https://www.chronillicles.com
- Use the logo (found below) somewhere in the post
- Answer your nominator’s questions
- Write 5–15 of your own questions — they don’t have to be illness related!
- Nominate 5–15 other disability, chronic illness, mental illness or special needs bloggers
- Comment on each of your nominees’ latest posts to tell them they have been nominated
Disability Blogger Award Logo
Let’s start this off!
To start off this award, I need to nominate a few people myself! I love these bloggers and think they deserve some recognition.
Questions for my nominees
- Why did you decide to start blogging and why did you decide on your niche?
- What are your top 5 tips on coping with your illness/disability?
- Where would your dream holiday be and why?
- Are you an early bird or night owl (or neither)?
- What is your go-to comfort food?
- What is your favourite movie or TV series?
- Which is your favourite social media site/app and why?