Thank you so much to Ami from Undercover Superhero for nominating me for The Blogger Recognition Award! Make sure you check out her blog if you haven’t done so already!
Also, tomorrow (26th October 2019) will be one year since starting this blog!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links (marked with an *asterisk). This means I will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you when you purchase products/sign up to websites using the links on this page. Please read my disclaimer for more information.
There are some rules that go along with the nomination. It is by no means required to make a post if you are nominated, but here they are:
- Thank the blogger for nominating you and give the link to their blog! (I did it in the intro, but once again, thank you, Ami!)
- Write a post on your site displaying the award that describes why you started your blog.
- Write 2 pieces of advice you have for new bloggers.
- Nominate (and notify!) 15 more bloggers that they’re awesome.
Write a post on your site displaying the award that describes why you started your blog.
I don’t really remember why I started blogging. It was probably because I was bored and housebound, but I like to think it was to document my journey with chronic illness and to spread awareness.
Write 2 pieces of advice you have for new bloggers.
- Don’t compare yourself to other bloggers. Unless you look through all their previous posts, you’re not really going to know when they started blogging, and even if you do, they could have deleted the posts they wrote at the beginning of their blogging journey. Also, some people spend a lot more time on their blog than others do, so don’t expect the same outcome for every blog you see. The point is, don’t compare yourself to other bloggers.
- Invest in *Tailwind!! Pinterest is where the majority of my traffic comes from and Tailwind makes this so much easier! A lot of my readers are from America, and if I were to pin at the times they were on Pinterest, I’d be up in the middle of the night due to the time difference. This is where Tailwind comes in very handy. I can schedule pins and they will automatically be published at the most popular times (or other times I choose)! You can buy Tailwind *here using my affiliate link.
Nominate and notify 15 more bloggers that they’re awesome.
My nominees for the Blogger Recognition Award are:
- The Chronically Unimaginable
- Invisibly Me
- The Frozen Mind
- Despite Pain
- The Zebra Pit
- The Reluctant Spoonie
- Dream Big and Be Unique
- My Brain Lesion and Me
- The Disabled Diva’s Blog
- Fibro Mom Blog
- A Spoonful of Serotonin
- Fighting with Fibro
- Holzie Loves
- Heyy It’s Chloe Jade
- Nyxie’s Nook